Subject: sw0 performance...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/04/1996 22:33:00
        Is anybody else running a Sun 4/110 and NetBSD/sparc?  I am just
curious to know what the hard disk performance is like?  I just tried the
latest kernel which Jason built for us 4/1xx users and am still finding the
performance to be a little strange.  Some operations are much faster than
SunOS while others are much slower.  (I am running a Micropolis 1558
connected to an MT21, so this might have something to do with it, but I have
nothing to compare the performance against).

        I _really_ want to run NetBSD/sparc, but this performance is
intolerable.  If it takes new hardware, then that's what it'll be.

Mike.

Mike Frisch                             Email: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
Northstar Technologies                 WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch
Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA                      Compuserve: 76620,2534