Subject: Re: Uninterruptible wait lockup.
To: Marinos Yannikos <nino@complang.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@demon.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/1996 22:28:31

> What happened to this problem? Has anyone found a solution for the wait lockups
> yet? I've had 3 of them within a few minutes on my IPC, all on the same disk
> (as far as I can tell) and while reading or writing. The disk is a
>
> esp0 targ 0 lun 0: <FUJITSU, M2266S-512, 0014> SCSI1 0/direct fixed
> sd1 at scsibus0: 1030MB, 1658 cyl, 15 head, 84 sec, 512 bytes/sec

This sounds like what I was complaining about for months, but I've not had
it in ages, I used to get it when there was loads of disk I/O and when disk
space was low, I've not had it for a long time, but I've not really
thrashed my sparcs for a while, I'm doing a make world at this time...

One thing I've noticed alot of is when halting or rebooting my IPX's both
hang at syncing disks, which is annoying if rebooting remotely. I've also
got weirdness now with the -current esp driver in that it won't do audio
cds, when it used too. Weird.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae.                                            Demon Internet
neil@demon.net