Subject: Compilation error...
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/14/1995 08:53:02
	I believe that these are Sept 11 sources?

	I assume that these arrows delineate the packages that are
being made.  Here is a section of the logfile from the build from the
point that it failed back to an arrow.  Not that I'm a complete
Neophyte in fixing build errors, but I just throught that this might
be a known problem with a known fix.  Since 'lint' doesn't grind on my
nerves too much, I'm going back to start a 'make -k' to try and coax
it to finish some of the other work.

===> usr.bin/xlint/lint1
yacc -d cgram.y
yacc: 1 shift/reduce conflict.
mv y.tab.c cgram.c
cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c cgram.c
lex  scan.l
mv lex.yy.c scan.c
cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c scan.c
cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c mem1.c
cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c mem.c
cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c err.c
cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c main1.c
cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c decl.c
cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c tree.c
cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c func.c
cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c init.c
cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c emit.c
cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c emit1.c
cc   -o lint1 cgram.o scan.o mem1.o mem.o err.o main1.o decl.o tree.o func.o init.o emit.o emit1.o -ll
main1.o: Undefined symbol `_yydebug' referenced from text segment
main1.o: Undefined symbol `_yydebug' referenced from text segment

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@pci.on.ca                |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |