Subject: probing LUNs
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Futoshi Miyamori/JH1AFN <futoshi@sramhb.sra.co.jp>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/27/1995 10:44:04
 >The only way around this is to not probe at LUNs > 0 on those drives,
 >or to try to fail more gracefully (but this is almost impossible to
 >do).
I was using Maxtor XT-8760S, the boot messages were displayed as
following:

sd2 at tg2 unit 0: MAXTOR XT-8760S B5H, 1308930 512 byte blocks
sd2: <SCSIPING XT-8760S cyl 1593 alt 3 hd 15 sec 54>

but after these messages, the following messages were also displayed.

[not matching `sd' at unit 1: not a disk]
unit 1 at tg2 not configured
[not matching `sd' at unit 2: not a disk]
unit 2 at tg2 not configured
[not matching `sd' at unit 3: not a disk]
unit 3 at tg2 not configured
[not matching `sd' at unit 4: not a disk]
unit 4 at tg2 not configured
[not matching `sd' at unit 5: not a disk]
unit 5 at tg2 not configured
[not matching `sd' at unit 6: not a disk]
unit 6 at tg2 not configured
[not matching `sd' at unit 7: not a disk]
unit 7 at tg2 not configured

I could use this drive for 1.0 release, but when I boot the newer
kernel which is from the current tree on Nov.30 last year, I got
panic(or hung up, I don't remember...).
Is this known problem?

Anyway I gave away this drive to SS1/SunOS. :-)
--
futoshi