Subject: status of sun4m support?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@frodo.dn.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/1995 14:35:55
Hi.  I saw mention recently that -current now supports the sun4m
series.  I noted that the Dec18 sources had an example SUN4M config,
but that the GENERIC config only mentioned SUN4 and SUN4C.

I've looked around on ftp.netbsd.org and couldn't find anything to
suggest that there is a kernel etc available. I'd appreciate it if
someone could let me know the status of the sun4m support and if
appropriate where/how I could bootstrap NetBSD onto a sparc Classic.

I have the 1.0 sun4c binary distribution and _may_ be able to grab a
Sparc 2, but a Classic is much more readily available.

Thanks for any assistance.  Pls reply by e-mail as I'm not yet on this
list.

--sjg