Subject: sun4m
To: None <port-sparc@sun-lamp.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/01/1994 16:19:33
Someone (jameson@realcase.com) lent me a sun4m machine (actually, an
SS5) so I could make NetBSD/sparc also support the sun4m series.  That
machine is gone now, and I didn't finish.

Some of the sun4m things I did are in the tree, other incomplete
pieces that are not.

Those things that are in the tree are:
	locore.s changes for booting; the kernel now makes it to
	    pmap_bootstrap()
	some #ifdef and config restructuring to deal with the
	    sun4/sun4c/sun4m variations.
	code to deal with the NVRAM/RTC chip differences
	some others I'm sure I forget..

I have some preliminary pmap stuff, ie. I have code that copies the
hardware page tables and know how to structure pmap.c. Thanks to some
people at Sun I've finally collected lots of documentation on the
sun4m machines (and lots of it also applies to the sun4c machines).

Uhm, anyone know where I can get an LC-class machine cheaply (after
all, they have tiny little 1024x768 screens..)