Re: Random hangs on 5.0 on R5000 Challenge S

Steve wrote:

> The only differences between 4.0 and 5.0 in wdsc are that the clock
> is now correctly specified as 20MHz (was 10MHz), Burst DMA mode
> is enabled, and Fast SCSI support was added.
>
> Setting sc_clkfreq to 100 and sc_dmamode to SBIC_CTL_DMA in
> sys/arch/sgimips/hpc/wdsc.c should essentially revert all of the above
> and return to near NetBSD-4 behaviour.

Unfortunately it doesn't help.

IIRC 4.99.72 kernel (around August 2008; when I updated bootinfo handling)
worked, so maybe we should check changes after that point.
(though there are not so particular changes under arch/sgimips..)

I'll check which older versions actually work.
---
Izumi Tsutsui