Subject: Re: 4.0 Pullup Testing
To: None <rumble@ephemeral.org>
From: George Harvey <fr30@dial.pipex.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/01/2007 23:05:26
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:13:18 -0500
"Stephen M. Rumble" <stephen.rumble@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'd like to pull up many of my changes from -current to the netbsd-4
> branch for inclusion in the next release. Among them are several
> feature additions and some bug fixes, which I'd very much like to get
>  out there. However, I have no hardware at hand to test with at the
> moment.
>
> I've compiled kernels for all machines and placed them at
> ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/rumble/4.0/ .
>
> If anyone has the time to pull down one that they could test (if it
> boots and appears immediately unbroken, it should be sufficient. The
> changes from 4.0 aren't that significant and have been tested in
> -current.), I'd very much appreciate it.

I've got a R5000 Challenge S with a Phobos G130 card. Your IP2x test
kernel boots OK and detects all three Ethernet interfaces. I've run
quick FTP transfer tests on the 2nd 10Mb port (sq1) and on the Phobos
100Mb (tlp0) and they both look good. I've also got a Set 100Mb card
that I'll put in and test at the weekend.

I'll try and dig out my R5000 O2 to test the IP3x kernel as well.

Let me know if you want the dmesg output or any specific tests run.

George