Subject: GIO Fast Ethernet Support
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen M. Rumble <stephen.rumble@utoronto.ca>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/02/2006 21:22:40
Hello,

A few days ago I committed a few bits to support the Phobos G100/130/160 fast
ethernet boards. I only have a G130, but it appears to run well on both my
Indigo R4400 and Indy R4400 machines. The G160 should be almost identical aside
from being the proper dimensions for the Indigo^2 and I suspect that it would
work without trouble. The G100 may be another matter as it uses an older tulip
chipset. It might work, it might not. Though should it prove problematic, I
imagine that it would be pretty trivial to get going. If anybody has one I'd
appreciate feedback.

The Set Engineering "GIO Fast Ethernet" board (based on the TI ThunderLAN chip)
also attaches, however it appears to have some issues with transmits and isn't
ready for public consumption. I hope to fix this eventually but may not have
sufficient time before the semester begins.

I will submit pullup requests for the netbsd-4 branch so that support is
included in NetBSD 4.0.

Have fun,
Steve Rumble