Subject: Re: Installation on 02
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Fabian Wenk <fabian@wenks.ch>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/15/2006 23:43:55
Hello Jaroug

jaroug wrote:
> I'm trying to install NetBSD on SGI 02 IP32 r10k.
> When the PROM get the kernel on tftp server I got a message saying
> something like that :
>
> "ip32 supports serial console only. sorry."

You need to install it with a null modem cable on the com port,
NetBSD does not support the graphic card of the O2.

I did write down a checklist "How to install NetBSD 2.0_BETA on a
SGI O2 with MIPS R10000 CPU" [1] a long time ago, but I guess it
should still be helpfull for 3.0.

   [1] http://www.wenks.ch/fabian/NetBSD-SGI-O2.txt

> Then it freeze.
> I also have this message :
>
> "Kernel symbol table missing!"
>
> I think it's in relation with netbsd-INSTALL32_IP3x.symbols.gz but I
> don't know what to do with this one.

Don't know about this, didn't had the time yet to play again with
the O2 and NetBSD.

bye
Fabian