Subject: Re: IP20 compile woes
To: Ryan Cozzubbo <coz@badblock.com>
From: Gerald heinig <Gerald.Heinig@ngi.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/14/2004 02:48:35
Ryan Cozzubbo wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I have an indigo (r4k), an example from "Programming
> with POSIX Threads" compiles fine, I can run it, but at the point it
> creates a new thread, the computer locks up and (if I remember correctly)
> reboots.

Hmm. I have this sneaky feeling that it just might be something in the
system. Some system call that fails in peculiar ways or something like
that.
For example, sometimes fsck fails with a segfault on a clean filesystem.
I reboot and it runs fine. It never fails twice in a row. Running fsck
by hand is fine as well.
Regardless of the amount of memory installed, it always segfaults in
more or less the same place in the same file when I try to compile a
kernel.
It seems like it's not really random enough to be faulty memory.
Weird.