Subject: Re: I2 10k / graphics console
To: James Dooley <james@jdooley.org>
From: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/23/2003 19:50:59
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:33:58 -0700
James Dooley <james@jdooley.org> wrote:

> Secondly,
> We all know the problem of being unable to use an SGI monitor and the
> graphics console because of the loader/console intercepting many
> important keystrokes. I seem to recall someone mentioning on here once
> that they might have a patch for this problem. Is there any more
> information on this, as this is a problem I would be interested in
> working on.

	A very helpful engineer at SGI sent me a small hint he quickly found
while going through sash after I enquired about the program's ability to
catch this maligned keystrokes.	Sash apparently has it's own ioctls, but one of
them, TIOCINTRCHAR, passes a little bit of magic "\003\033" (as a 32bit
long). I read through the ARCS spec very quickly, but didn't discover
anything regarding where this special sequence needs to go.
	I didn't follow up with asking for more hints regarding what
TIOCINTRCHAR exactly does as I had figured somebody else would have an
idea what to do with this.

-Steve