Subject: Re: r5k O2 support
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/23/2003 11:49:35
On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 07:22:08PM -0500, david l goodrich wrote:

> i'll probably try a netboot later, but the caveats listed here:
> <http://raisdorf.net/files/NetBSD/faq.html#sys_o2> make me leery.
> how old is this document?

Very old.  I think 5200s work now, and there is no serial speed restriction.

> has anything (particularly the onboard NIC) been fixed?

I'm about halfway done with the ethernet driver.  Every PCI card that I've
thrown at the box has worked.  L2 cache works.  The parallel port works.
Onboard SCSI works in synchronous mode.  The little box is very stable,
actually.

Unfortunately, most of the code isn't in-tree yet.  I've made a patch against
-current available at http://www.rezrov.net/~wileyc/ip32-20030723 for those
so inclined.

-- Chris