Subject: [sgimips] Can't write to FS
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Fonz <avwerven@liacs.nl>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/17/2003 14:22:09
Hi there,

A while ago, I got hold of an Indy (university surplus). Unfortunately the
IRIX installation was incomplete and sucked otherwise, so I tried whacking
NetBSD-1.6.1 on it instead.

The installation goes well, but when after that I try to write something
(in concreto: cat > /etc/rc.conf), the screen blanks for a couple of
seconds and then drops me back into the machine's maintenance menu.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Alphons

--
A. van Werven                    http://www.liacs.nl/~avwerven
Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science, The Netherlands