Subject: Re: Problem booting on a R4000 Indy
To: Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>
From: Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.es.eu.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/13/2003 17:57:00
--=..Ew11H8l7gjC0?

Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl> wrote :

Hi,

> Now that this subject is rolling... I have a very similar (probably
> the same) problem on an R4400 Indigo2. The panic says:
>
> 	trap: TLB miss (load or instr. fetch) in kernel mode
> 	status=0x40003, cause=0x10000000, epc=0x0, vaddr=0x0
> 	pid=82 cmd=dev_mkdb usp=0x0 ksp=0xca567e88
> 	Stopped in pid 82 (dev_mkdb) at          0:   invalid address.
> 	db>

Tha's the problem I was seeing until today. For some reason or other,
the 3.2GB Quantom Fireball disk I was using has died, so I've replaced
it with the 1GB SGI-branded IBM disk that came with the machine, and,
voila! Now the machine finishes the install without any problem. I'm
using 1.6.1 on it right now, but will upgrade it to current at some
point. Perhaps your problem is also hardware related? I'm sure how a
defective disk could cause a TLB related panic, but it seems to be gone
now. Thanks to all for all the help.

elin# uname -srmn
NetBSD elin 1.6.1 sgimips

Cheers,