Subject: NetBSD/sgimips on Octane
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Al. Andreou <ee4299-REMOVE-@ee.teiath.gr>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/29/2003 03:09:24
Hello people.

I happen to have a Silicon Graphics Octane workstation here, and it is
lying around doing absolutely nothing. I would really love to have NetBSD
on it, but the sgimips port does not support it.

Is anyone working on it? Is there anything that I can do? I have some free
time comming up and I'd love to spend it working on NetBSD :) . I'm good
at C, I know nothing about MIPS assembly and am willing to help. Any
pointers to documentation/TODO lists/whatever?

Just for kicks, this is my hinv -v:

--->hinv -v<---
1 195 MHZ IP30 Processor
CPU: MIPS R10000 Processor Chip Revision: 2.7
FPU: MIPS R10010 Floating Point Chip Revision: 0.0
Main memory size: 256 Mbytes
Instruction cache size: 32 Kbytes
Data cache size: 32 Kbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 1 Mbyte
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version QL1040B (rev. 2), single ended
  Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
Integral SCSI controller 1: Version QL1040B (rev. 2), single ended
IOC3 serial port: tty1
IOC3 serial port: tty2
IOC3 parallel port: plp1
Graphics board: SI
Integral Fast Ethernet: ef0, version 1, pci 2
Iris Audio Processor: version RAD revision 12.0, number 1
  PCI Adapter ID (vendor 4265, device 3) pci slot 2
  PCI Adapter ID (vendor 4215, device 4128) pci slot 0
  PCI Adapter ID (vendor 4215, device 4128) pci slot 1
  PCI Adapter ID (vendor 4265, device 5) pci slot 3
--->hinv -v<---

  Alexandros Andreou, ee4299 at ee.teiath.gr.
  Undergraduate student, dept. of Electronics, TEI of Athens.