Subject: X for NetBSD/next68k
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-next68k
Date: 11/27/2001 08:19:04
Quite some time ago (months), I mentioned the possibility of porting
X11R6.4pl3 to NetBSD/next68k.  Some people expressed interest, despite
my remarking that (a) it would be Consortium X, not NetBSD xsrc X, and
that it would be for 1.4T, not -current.

If you don't care about this, you can stop reading now.

It now works, at least for smoke-test values of "works": I can run
xinit, get a display, move the mouse around, type a few commands into
an xterm, shut it down, and get my console back.  It has some rough
edges (for example, you presently must use -kb when starting the
server, or you don't get input), but is probably in good enough shape
for people who can deal with pre-alpha quality software, either to use
or to beat on to improve.

If you want a copy, drop me a line and we'll figure out the best way to
get it to you.  I'll probably eventually put something up for general
access somewhere, but I'd like a few pre-alpha people first to help me
make certain that what I package up is in fact exactly the right stuff,
that I haven't forgotten anything because it's obvious to me, etc.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign