Subject: install of the last snapshot
To: port-mvme68k@netbsd.org <port-mvme68k@netbsd.org>
From: Maxime <Maxime.Kurkdjian@oxalide.com>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 01/01/2001 17:53:00
hi,
i'm trying to install the last snapshot on my mvme167.
I successfully manage to install NetBSD 1.4.x

but on 1.5 or snapshot 20001220 ihave the following problem:
- if i netboot on the ramdisk, i can't mount any nfs partions (network
is working i can tftp, ifconfig ok) so i can't get the miniroot.fs to
dump it on the /dev/rsd0b.
command:

ssh: ifconfig ie0 192.168.1.4 up
ssh: mount -t nfs -r 192.168.1.1:/space /mnt
mount_nfs: can't get net id for host/nfs: servname not supported for
ai_socktype
ssh:

what does that mean ?
do i have to change something on the ramdisk and rebuild one ?
is it my server but i can't see any thing on the network with a tcpdump!

- if i completly netboot on a kernel and get a working /, /usr from a
nfs server, i can't manage to installboot the /dev/rsd0b partition.
command: mount /dev/sd0b /mnt
command: /usr/mdec/installboot /mnt/usr/mdec/bootsd /bootxx /dev/rsd0b
the bootsd and the bootxx file comes from the distribution (/usr/mdec)
when i boot on it:

167-Bug>bo 0,,b:
Booting from: VME167, Controller 0, Drive 0

Volume: NBSD

WARNING: Configuration Parameters from CFGA Block Ignored

IPL loaded at: $003F0000
Boot: bug device: ctrl=0, dev=0

bootxx: NetBSD/mvme68k first level bootstrap program [1.2]

bootxx: secondary bootstrap isn't an executable
167-Bug>

i think that there is a problem with my bootsd file or the link between
the first stage boot program and the second stage one.

could someone help me, please ...

--
Maxime Kurkdjian
Oxalide - Consultant