Subject: Re: missing pubassym.h macros
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-mips
Date: 01/29/1999 18:57:16
hi Jason,

thanks for the suggestions. I'd discussed it with castor when this
first came up. But there were a few of us waiting on the values to
build snapshots, so i emailed the missing values and a temporary
klugde, just till castor gets it checked in.

Longer-term, I'd prefer to tweak genassym.sh to make -D_KERNEL
configurable from the command line. Then we can generate
machine-generate assembler #defines for both both 32-bit and 64-bit
definitions.

Any objections to generating one machine-generated file and pulling it
in, or do we need three (one each for setjmp.h stuff, signal.h stuf,
asm.h stuff)?

> > Should all these go in <mips/include/asm.h> with appropriate
> > 32 vs 64-bit values?

>...and then conditionalized on 32 vs 64, sure.

Sure, thats what I meant by "appropriate.

Also, do you remember why _JBLEN got bumped from 83 to 87?
Did struct sigcontext grow by 16 bytes?

Last, is there a list of changes pending on bumping the libc
major-version?  It'd make a lot of things a lot cleaner to just always
allocate jmp_bufs/sigcontexts large enough for the 64-bit clean
userland, even for normal ILP32.