Subject: Re: Console drivers
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: dieter roelants <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/27/2006 21:53:46
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:28:10 -0500
Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org> wrote:

> Nothing I can think of right now. In theory the driver shouldn't mess
> with video modes at all when attaching, just determine what resolution
> it's running in. Maybe it's doing a little bit too much. Did you get a
> message like 'initializing DSP' or something similar?

Oh, I would have thought it does too little, given that a MacOS boot
makes it work. Suppose that MacOS did something to the hardware, do you
think I could see differences somewhere in openfirmware or somewhere
else? (You probably know by now I don't have a clue about this
hardware. :)

I see nothing like 'initializing DSP'. Full dmesg is at
http://bsdusr.net/~dieter/NetBSD/orange/dmesg-061125 .

Kind regards
dieter