Subject: 3400 or G3 powerbook
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/17/2006 09:56:58
Hi,

Sadly it looks like my carry around system, a powerbook 540c, does not
have enough memory to do what I need it to do so I'm looking for a
replacement.

It seems that either a 3400 or one of the various G3 powerbooks would
be a good match.  In my case cheap is important since it's the carry
around system and I don't want to care that it gets dropped,
"borrowed," etc.  Are there any problems with NetBSD on either of
these?

I'm leaning towards a G3 of some sort since the 3400s would have to be
quite cheap to make up for the slower performance.

Thanks very much for any hints in advance.

cheers

bruce

--
edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org