Subject: Re: current CVS kernel: good and bad news
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/18/2004 07:33:07
At 7:16 AM -0500 12/18/04, Michael wrote:
>I had a similar panic with some experimental L2 cache size detection code
>but not with GENERIC.

I think that's because the version I sent doesn't turn off the cache before
testing it. The G3s appeared to be able to either stay on or off before
testing, whereas the G4s have to stay on if already on. However, there may
be some G3s that need to be turned off first. If I recall, when I was
testing my G3, it could be on or off, and I just consolidated with the G4.
You could try netbooting the ofwboot.xcf to see if moving the code into the
bootloader where it belongs helps.

>Where's Tim? ;)

Trying to get caught up with lots of stuff here at the house, since my wife
has a couple weeks off. I'll be less responsive until the beginning of
January. I'll monitor my email and try to respond to anything that I can
directly contribute to.

tim