Subject: Re: Interrupts and many slot machines
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/14/2004 07:18:46
On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 06:00:26PM -0500, John Klos wrote:
> >>sd0 at scsibus1 target 0 lun 0: <DEC, RZ1CB-BA (C) DEC, LYE0> disk fixed
> >>sd0: drive offline
> >
> >If the drive is not configured to not auto-spin at power up, it'll only
> >spin up if you attemps a read or write access. Does e.g. disklabel sd0
> >make it spin ?
>
> It begins to spin at poweron. This is the boot drive, and yes, it works
> both before and after the scan says it's offline.

same here.  sd0 (my boot drive) says that it's offline, even though it just
loaded the kernel from it, and then proceeds to mount / from it.

could the mesh driver be not groking things correctly?

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."