Subject: Re: Interrupts and many slot machines
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/11/2004 19:29:22
Hello,

> >Good idea, we need as many testers as possible, the interrupt code still
> >has problems which seem to be 604 related ( at least the problems seem to
> >correlate, but the set is too small to be conclusive )
>
> That reminds me - I have a patch that will enable power saving mode on 604.
> The CPU will support it, but doesn't have HID settings to go with it. It
> just needs a variable set to true in cpu_subr.c. It cut my fan noise in
> half, and after a day of idling the computer it seems just fine.

Hmm, I wonder if AIX uses this - the 300MHz 604e here remains remarkably cool ( just a tiny heatsink ).
But this reminds me of something else - NetBSD can measure the temperature of the G3 in my S900 but not of the G4 in my iBook - is there no thermal sensor in a G4? Or is the interface different?

have fun
Michael