Subject: Re: New interrupt code to try
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/10/2004 13:01:43
On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 12:31:02PM -0500, Allen Briggs wrote:
> I'm looking for old-world testers to try out some changes to the
> earlier PowerMac systems (pre-OpenPIC interrupt controllers).  I'm
> not sure where the OpenPIC showed up, but this definitely covers
> the [789]x00 systems and those of that era.
>
> This hangs on Tim's machine, but seems to work well on Michael's.
> He's able to use the serial ports well and play music while running
> fsck.  I'd like to hear from a few more folks.
>
> If you're building your own kernels, please try the attached
> extintr.c.  If you're not building your own kernels, please try
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/briggs/netbsd.macppc.intr_test.1.gz

Hi,
I tried it on my 4400/160, but it doesn't boot at all. It panics early,
just after printing "avail memory"  "not exclusive lock holder unlocking".
It seems an MP kernel won't work at all on this box. The processor number
printed in the panic message is very large, it's possible that some structure
isn't properly initialized in this case.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>