Subject: Re: results of the IRC debug patch
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/04/2004 13:57:19
Hello,

> >> be blocked like IPL_BIO. Additionally, if the mouse event comes in
> >> rentrantly, the irq for that entire hardware device gets turned off until
> >> do_pending_int turns it back on.
> >... which doesn't seem to happen.
> >Hmm, I should really read some code :)
>
> Check to see if that the patch you're using has enabling the gc hardware
It doesn't deal with this at all, it's only concerned with writing the correct value into the PCI IRQ register of some cards.

> I suppose that technically the interrupt handler is not trying to acquire
> the simple lock, but the simple lock is acquired and held around the
> interrupt handler's execution. I would think moving enabling the interrupt
> to after the handler has completed and the lock released would no disturb
> anything (it hasn't here).
I'll have a loot at that - but first I'll try to understand this IRQ routing stuff, aka 'swizzling' - maybe this will solve my problem - IRQ sharing among the USB devices works flawlessly.

have fun
Michael