Subject: Re: the 8600 lives!
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/16/2004 23:50:55
Hello,

> now the next issue, getting the Matrox Millenium working:
>
> ofb0 at pci0 dev 15 function 0: cannot map framebuffer
I've got a patch to allow XFree to use it - some fiddling on ofb driver
in the kernel and some more fiddling on XFree86's BSD support to allow
programmed IO - without that no XFree driver that needs vgahw is going
to work. Tested it with a Voodoo3 and a Millennium I so far, enables
full support for both.
But your problem seems to be elsewhere, looks like OF didn't really
initialize the board. Do you have OFs text console on the Millennium? I
get this error when the console is elsewhere.
Sadly, OF text mode on the Millennium I doesn't work for me ( Matrox
firmware 3.01 I think ) but someone else on this list said he has a
firmware image that supports it...
( no, I didn't mistype the OF device path - my voodoo3 works fine as OF
console )

  have fun
Michael