Subject: DMESG & Device for Dist Sets on CD-ROM
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Ralph Counts <ralphcounts@mail.boisestate.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/02/2004 08:05:39

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C47867.7F99FFA0

I can boot from the floppy. The sysinst program goes well. At least =
until it asks for the location of the distribution sets. I have them on =
a CD-RW that is in the only CD-ROM on the system. The CD-ROM is a SCSI =
model on the first SCSI bus at scsi-int\sd@3: and why does the install =
program tell me that it cannot find the sets? Then it asks me if I would =
like to try again, quit, or continue anyway. It never finds the files.=20

The dmesg command does list all the hardware in the machine. The =
locations are just as I expected them to be laid out. How can I use Open =
Firmware 1.0.5 to find out just what devices can it read? Specifically =
what are the command syntax and variable names to be used for such a =
query?=20

Thank You in Advance,
Ralph in Boise

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C47867.7F99FFA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can boot from the floppy. The sysinst =
program=20
goes well. At least until it asks for the location of the distribution =
sets. I=20
have them on a CD-RW that is in the only CD-ROM on the system.&nbsp;The =
CD-ROM=20
is a SCSI model on the first SCSI bus at scsi-int\sd@3: and&nbsp;why =
does the=20
install program tell me that it cannot find the sets? Then it asks me if =
I would=20
like to try again, quit, or continue anyway. It never finds the files.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The dmesg command does list all the =
hardware in the=20
machine. The locations are just as I expected them to be laid out. How =
can I use=20
Open Firmware 1.0.5 to find out just what devices can it read? =
Specifically what=20
are the command syntax and variable names to be used for such a query?=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank You in Advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ralph in Boise</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C47867.7F99FFA0--