Subject: Re: NetBSD on G3 tower
To: None <richard@uclinux.net, port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/18/2003 01:57:38
On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 10:57:59AM +0300, richard@uclinux.net wrote:

> Finally it didn't set "rc_configured" to YES although it didn't
> complain about anything during the final install.

Yes, I believe that's how it's supposed to work.  You get to set rc_configured
yourself... although I don't think the crashing was intentional.

If setting boot-file is causing problems for you, rather than running 'setenv
boot-file', you could probably just skip it (rather it should be omitted from the
instructions if it causes problems).  I believe you can reset all of that simply
by booting into MacOS (since it tends to clobber more stuff on OF 2.4 machines?)..

> Can I now just manually untar the x11 stuff?

AFAIK, yes.

- alex