Subject: Re: Macs faults
To: Derek Peschel <dpeschel@eskimo.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/22/2003 17:19:14
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Derek Peschel wrote:

> Right now I'm accommodating OS 9.  The time in NetBSD is wrong, unless I
> lie and tell it I want the GMT time.  There's a system variable called
> RTC_OFFSET which would allow me to tell NetBSD that the clock stores
> local time, but it's not supported in the version of NetBSD I'm running.
> I think I read that it recently became supported.  I'd have to reset
> the clock, change the variable, and reboot NetBSD to handle daylight-savings
> time, though.

RTC_OFFSET support got added to macppc in May of 2001. While that missed
1.5 (and never got pulled in), it was in 1.6. If you're sill running 1.5
and want it, look at two lines (in -current or 1.6) in
sys/arch/macppc/macppc/clock.c that refer to rtc_offset, and copy that
code to your kernel.

Take care,

Bill