Subject: Re: 2-10 Snapshot Floppy Images
To: Jesse Peterson <jpeterson275@attbi.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/19/2003 11:17:48
At 10:10 AM -0800 3/19/03, Jesse Peterson wrote:
>Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>
>>As long as I'm asking questions, does anyone know how I can fool
>>OSX DiskCopy into treating a random data file as a CD Master?
>
>I havn't really got an idea of how to force it to do that, however
>I've noticed that when it creates the masters, it give's them a .cdr
>extension, maybe, just maybe you can give your file that extension
>and will automagically work.   No idea if it will, though. =)

Well I did a cat directly from the mounted ftp filesystem to the
Desktop renaming the output boot.cdr and that did the trick, sort of.
Don't know if the lack of prior Mac meta-information was necessary
but Disk Copy accepted it as a potential image.

But when I actually tried to do the burn it said: "boot.cdr" failed
to burn due to error 999. (internal error)

Also the second image had some header stuff on it so probably you
can't just cat them anyway.  Need to wait for one of the experts to
fix it properly.