Subject: Re: Off topic macppc hardware help
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/14/2003 18:00:26
Come now it's not as far off topic as the guy who wanted a MacOS X
terminal program.

At 7:35 PM -0500 3/14/03, John Klos wrote:
>Second, I'm hoping that someone might have a clue about the difference in
>the power needs of a Mach5 Apple High Performance CPU card. I've upgraded
>my PowerMac 9600/350 with a G4, and I'm interested in using the 350 MHz
>604ev in my older 7300. I'm not afraid of building a regulator circuit (or
>just using an integrated regulator), but I need a little more information
>about what it needs and where it needs it.

I guess the 7300 is like the 7200 in that it doesn't have the CPU on
a daughter card.  Before going crazy, have you looked to see if the
MB has any vestiges of the plug for the daughter card in the traces?
I might optimistically hope you just need to buy the right connector
and solder it on (and desolder the original CPU).