Subject: Re: Important: changes to INSTALL/FAQ regarding load-base
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/21/2001 03:24:38
--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 11:51:21AM -0800, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> On Open Firmware 1 or 2 systems, use a load-base of 4000 (i.e. the default
> value) which will be set by typing at the OF prompt:

Uh... my memory is a little hazy, but I'm fairly certain that a
kernel (on a NetBSD partition, on disk) larger than 3 MBs will not
boot on an OF 2.0f1 machine with a load-base of 4000.

(Note that macppc GENERIC has been larger than 3 MBs for a while
now.)

This may be good advice for people booting ISOs, but I don't think
it's valid booting from an installed disk.

Am I missing something?

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net