Subject: Problems installing to 5400/120
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Ben Allums <allums@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/02/2000 08:46:24
On 6/2/00 at 12:26 AM, t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu (Chris Tribo) wrote:
> Yep, this is the place. I don't suppose you have tried using Apple's
> System disk utility to see if it applies any nvram patches to
> OpenFirmware? That may fix your IDE/ATAPI bus problems. Have you tried
> using both 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 (or any -current) install kernels? If this
> is OF 1.0.5, there is a patch around that might fix video (CLAIM
> FAILED) for you too. Be sure to let the list know at least that much.

Thanks Chris.

Okay, since this is the list...

Installing to 5400/120 I have to use BootVars 1.3 as Apple's System Disk
reports that my machine isn't capable of running OS X and so refuses to
do anything.  I believe I was running System Disk 1.2.1 (I'll have to
check when I get to work).  Is there an older version I might try
running that removes this machine check?

Now where might I find this OF 1.0.5 patch to address the CLAIM FAILED
problem?

Ben
allums@earthlink.net