Subject: thank you, BSD!
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Larson, Timothy E. <Larson.Timothy1@mayo.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/25/2003 11:59:59
My presentation last night went pretty well.  I brought my SE/30 to the lab, plugged in an ethernet cable (for the first time ever), booted up, ran dhclient and obtained an IP, successfully installed a couple packages (dt, bash, links, blackbox) from an FTP site - all without any problem*.

I've put Windows boxes online before, and this was easier.  I've had Windows software installs from physical media that were more difficult than the BSD network software installation.  This was really great.

Thank you BSD!!!

Tim - very happy and had to share

*OK, I had to use numeric IPs with pkg_add for some reason.
--
Tim Larson     <><   <><   <><   <><   <><     OL 4-131-2
Info. Services - Internal Medicine Clinical Systems, Mayo Clinic, Rochester