Subject: Re: pb150 hdd
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Gerardo Alvarez <gerardo.alvarez@wanadoo.es>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/2003 08:49:32
I have been there, sort of:

I installed a 4 Gb IDE disk into my PB150 and couldn=B4t get it to work=20=

at all with none of the normal utilities.

Then I found this link:=20
http://www.mug.jhmi.edu/mirrors/InfoAlley/0496/19/powerbook.html

I tried what it says to make the disk recognizable by Mac OS but I=20
still couldn=B4t partition it.

Finally I used pdisk (it is in the install utilities in the NetBSD=20
mac68k distribution), creating the necessary BSD partitions plus a mac=20=

partition of type "Apple_HFS" (you have to write the type of partititon=20=

by hand), and then it worked.

But then I stumbled into a problem with FPU emulation in 68030 (or so I=20=

understood, I might be wrong) and couldn=B4t get to install the=20
distribution, as the formatting utility in the installation kernel=20
always ended in a kernel IO error or something like that, seemengly "a=20=

side-effect of moving to ELF" plus a bug in gcc (=20
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/2002/09/05/0001.html ).

All in all, if you finally get it to work please inform the list. Best=20=

luck!

El Jueves, 6 marzo, 2003, a las 03:20 PM, Leander Seige escribi=F3: