Subject: Re: Quadra 700 video, was: Portrait mono display
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Emile Schwarz <emile.schwarz@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/09/2002 17:52:24
Hi Hauke et al.,

I was wrong...

Instead of trying the Quadra 700 (on my right), I was running (and testing) a Quadra 800 with the 16" Apple Color Display.

I’d better watch TV or try to reach a new home...

Emile

PS: this is for the record; all my previously sent mails were I talk about Quadra 700 (tested on a Quadra 700), I was doing the test
on a Quadra 800 (different machine, same size MLB... so same that it is possible to take a Q800 MLB to put it into a Quadra 700 case !)

At 7:43 Uhr +0100 8.3.2002, Emile Schwarz wrote:
>>"Would" is the right expression because the Quadra 700 unfortunately does
>>not do 16 bit video.
>Using Portrait mono display, otherwise it would...
>
>I just verify on a Quadra 700 WITH 2MB of VRAM (full upgrade) connected to
>a 16" Color Display (Apple) and I got thousands of
>colours (640 * 832)...

How do you know?

It is rather millions, if your Quadra 700 is built according to Apple's specs.
Hooking a 15" multisync up to my Q700 (2 MB VRAM like yours), System 8.1, I
get to choose between 1/2/4/8/24 bits per pixel.

/~\ The ASCII        “If I’d lived in Roman times, I’d lived in Rome.
\ / Ribbon Campaign  Where else ?  Today America is the Roman Empire
 X  Against HTML     and New York is Rome itself.”
/ \ Email!           John Winston-Ono Lennon, early 70’s.