Subject: Re: Trouble installing Netatalk
To: jean-michel meyer <mjm@aix.pacwan.net>
From: Daniel Parks <danielp@reed.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/2001 16:29:41
At 1:59 AM +0200 3/29/2001, jean-michel meyer wrote:
>/usr/local/atalk/etc/AppleVolumes.system :
>   folder -g mjm kak jmy
>#etc...did change nothing else.

I had a similar problem when I installed netatalk-asun, and IIRC I
solved it by only listing the share and what I wanted it called in
AppleVolumes.system. I may have had to take the -address option out
of afpd.conf too... I'm not sure. In atalkd.conf, I just put ae0, the
interface I wanted it to run on, and let netatalk deal with finding
the address.

Here are the important parts of everything except atalkd.conf:

daniel ~$ cat /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.system | grep -v "^#\|^\$" | head -1
/home/shared "Moria"
daniel ~$ cat /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default | grep -v "^#\|^\$"
daniel ~$ cat /etc/netatalk/afpd.conf | grep -v "^#\|^\$"
"Moria" -noguest -savepassword -setpassword

I want all users to mount the same share, and not have personal
shares, so I removed the ~ from AppleVolumes.default.

>3/Is timelord important for running netatalk ? what is used for ?

I think timelord is a time server or something. You probably don't
want to run it because of the time loss in NetBSD/mac68k.

I don't run it, I don't think it comes with netatalk-asun. (It
shouldn't be necessary)

Hope this helps,
Daniel