Subject: Re: LaserWriter and lpr
To: Philip Brodd <pbrodd@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/17/2001 15:43:46
On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Philip Brodd wrote:

> I'm still banging my head against this with no progress.  From the
> archives, it looks like others have encountered the same problem, but
> they must have solved it offline.
>
> Could the fc and fs capabilities be fouling things up?  I tried
> commenting them out of my printcap, but I got the same result.  I can't
> see anything else unusual about the entry.
>
> Might I have more luck using the LW's 25-pin RS232 port rather than the
> 9-pin port?

If you got it to print directly from the serial port, it should be
possible to make it work under "lpr". I would what the settings are
while it's printing a large file: "stty -g -f /dev/tty01", and note
the values of "cflag", "iflag", "lflag" and "oflag". Then do the the
same while it's (failing to) print with "lpr", and see what's different.

Frederick