Subject: Re: dhclient error message
To: bsd <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@mr.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/2001 18:17:14
At 1:18 PM -0800 3/15/2001, Ron Landrus wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I have dhcpd one one port and dhcp on another.
>
>I am getting this message:
>macbsd dhclient: send_packet: No route to host
>
>What should I look for to correct this?

If I understand correctly, NetBSD can't handle dhcp on two interfaces
simultaneously.  If you have to use dhcp to connect to the Internet,
you can't use dhcpd for your LAN.  If I'm wrong I have faith that
someone will correct me.

In this circumstance, I think you would need to configure your
gateway computer (presumably that's NetBSD) for a DHCP connection to
your ISP, and then manually configure your LAN by assigning addresses
to each interface.