Subject: Re: Is the "df" command reporting accurately?
To: Josh Kuperman <josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/2001 09:37:43
On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Josh Kuperman wrote:

> /dev/sd0g      882193   273902    520071      34%    /usr
> /dev/sd0f     1184662  1004683     61512      94%    /home

> And after I cd'ed to /home the largegst file is the emacs package at
> 11 MB. And even adding everything else it should be relatively empty.

A lot of people have noticed odd problems with Mkfs created
filesystems. Mkfs creates old-style, type 1 ffs partitions that are
more compatible with the Booter than they type 3 that newfs makes by
default. For your /home partition, you could just tar up the files,
"newfs" it, and put the files back, and that will probably straighten
it all out.

Frederick