Subject: Re:CodeWarrior (OT) was Re: sysinst install
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/10/2000 22:52:32
At 7:22 PM -0700 8/10/00, Daniel Parks wrote:

>  > >You can get an academic license if you have some school ID... so if you
>  > >take a class in wine tasting at you local community college, you can get
>>  >CodeWarrior for ~$100.
>>  >
>>  And you can then get a break on the upgrade to Pro from Metrowerks, but
>>  not much of one.  In fact Metrowerks will allow you to upgrade to the
>>  current version from _any_ previous version for about the same price as
>>  the upgrade from previous to current.  So I usually let my subscription
>>  lapse for a release or two and then upgrade.
>
>Me too.

Well I just checked, and Metrowerks is changing that very policy:

"Renew your license of CodeWarrior for Mac OS, Professional Edition
or CodeWarrior for Windows, Professional Edition for just $249 (US
$). If you develop for both platforms, you can renew to CodeWarrior,
Professional Edition (COMBO), Version 6.0, which includes Mac OS and
Windows tools for only $349 (US$).  Version 6.0 is  scheduled to ship
in September, but you can pre-order your renewal copy today.

"Special Message to users of Version 4 or earlier releases of
CodeWarrior: This is YOUR ONLY OPPORTUNITY TO RENEW. For a limited
time, this renewal is available to you. After October 31, 2000, ONLY
registered users of Version 5.x will qualify for a discount to renew
their license to Version 6.0."

Bummer.

--
Nathan Raymond