Subject: Re: AAUI
To: Ed Lauman <elauman@interlynx.net>
From: Tony Mantler <nicoya@apia.dhs.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/2000 23:09:00
At 10:42 PM -0500 5/14/2000, Ed Lauman wrote:
>This is a little off topic but what is the difference between AUI and AAUI?

AUI uses a DB15 connector with a rather unique securing clip, while AAUI
uses a compact 14 pin connector which looks somewhat like a really short
SCSI-2 connector, but not quite.

They're otherwise electrically identical, and you can sometimes find
AUI-AAUI cables.

>Also, can I use an AAUI to 10bT transceiver with NetBSD? Is there a
>particular brand/type that works or are they all fine? Ed

The brand or type of AAUI adapter should be 100% transparent to the driver.
I'd personally reccomend finding a used dayna mini powerbook AAUI->10bT
adapter, if only for the comparitavley un-clumsy form factor. I got mine on
eBay from Daniel K. Janisch <sales@powerbookguy.com>.

Cheers - Tony :)

--
Tony Mantler       Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire     nicoya@apia.dhs.org