Subject: date and time
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tino Reinhardt <h0444idm@rz.hu-berlin.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/01/2000 23:36:01
hi there,
I'm playing around with a PowerBook 520.
It seems to be impossible to set the clock properly:

On startup (boot) it shows "PRAM: time does not appear to be read
correctly" and "check an reset the date".

Typing "date 200002022300" sets the date correctly for the current uptime
but whilst shutting down, it says "netbsd does not trust itself to set the
RTC". Hm. What does this mean?

rebooting the machine brings me back to the old date (22 Jan 1904 -- what
a fun) and typing the "date"-setting-command again _freezes_ the machine.

I'm too clueless to set the date (RTC?) under my very minimal MacOS.

Any ideas, suggestion, experiences?
THX Tino