Subject: Re: memory for IIx
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/1999 00:33:09
>I agree that the cx doesn't have the problem, but according to
>http://www3.simpletech.com/cgi-bin/configurator.cgi , the II and IIx use
>the same memory.

I've seen contradictory documentation; GURU specifically mentions PAL
SIMMs only for the II, but it gives identical part numbers for 4MB
SIMMS for II, IIx, IIcx, and IIci!

>I've never understood why the IIx had the problem when the IIcx didn't - I
>_thought_ they were released at the same time.

They were released very close to each other; but now that I think
about it, I seem to remember that the very early IIx machines did
have a problem with memory; could it be that there is a board rev on
the IIx which fixed the problem and allowed standard SIMMs?  I'll
have to rummage through my TechNotes and see if that turns up...

--
| Greg Dunn                        |                                |
| gregdunn@indy.net                | "Talking about music is like   |