Subject: Re: xemacs and netbsd
To: None <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/1998 07:43:56
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 21:50:45 +0100

|At 17:53 Uhr +0100 24.11.1998, Shigeki Uno wrote:
|
|>What you're going to say is that xemacs is too heavy on macbsd platform,
|>isn't it ?  It's smooth on Linux & FreeBSD which work on PC/AT & its close.
|
|Again, this gives a wrong impression. Once it's up, XEmacs is very workable
|on my Q700, and acceptable on the IIci (although I tend to use vi on the
|latter for one line changes). Using "editclient.sh" cuts down most of the
|annoyingly long startup time.
|
|>But, xemacs is very cool!!
|
|It is, isn't it?  =8)
|
|	hauke

|--
|"It's never straight up and down"     (DEVO)

After that, I downloaded XEmacs-20.4.tgz(packaged software) and
installed it on my LC520. Of cource, I've already installed some
softwares which XEmacs-20.4 requires.

"XEmacs-20.4" started well without problems. But I have a lot of
things to be able to read and write Japanese language on it.

And it is more smooth than I expected.

Later

-----
Shigeki Uno