Subject: Re: Cry babe, cry... Installer error on Mac IIci
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1998 17:13:43
On Oct 7, 10:25pm, Colin Wood wrote:
>Carlos Terre wrote:
>> I guess there must be some problem either with the formatting parameters
>> I used, or with the fact that this drive contains MacOS+ partitions in
>> it, or with the fact that I used HDT 2.5.2 to partition the drive...
>
>Ummmm....I think that we might have real problems with a drive containing
>HFS+ partitions.  I want to say that someone (Steve Allen, maybe?) ran
>into this a few months ago.  However, there are other known problems with

Yes.  My main disk has a 511MB HFS partition and a 1.2GB HFS+ partition.
MacOS (8.1) on 68K won't even reboot or shutdown unless I power the disk
off.  The PowerPC card has no such problem.  There's an extension that I
think is supposed to cure the problem (trashes temporary items on shutdown,
or somesuch), but I haven't tried it yet.

So, I shut off the main drive and boot from a secondary drive when I
want to run NetBSD.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

If only God would give me some clear sign!  Like making a large deposit
in my name at a Swiss bank.
		-- Woody Allen, "Without Feathers"