Subject: Re: MACH_Q2 class IO mapping, was: NetBSD/mac68k floppy driver
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/11/1998 23:03:35
At 11:39 Uhr +0200 11.06.1998, SamMaEl wrote:
>	I get a similar error on my Q630, though IWMBase for me shows up
>for me as:
>iwm: IWMBase mapped to 0x888000 in VM.

That may change with machine and kernel version.

>> Yours is a MACH_Q2 style Quadra (to use the diction of machdep.c) like the
>> Performa 630 that I tested.

Sorry for the wrong information; the Q650 is of CLASS_Q - like the Quadra
700 I develop on. Makes it even stranger that the IWM isn't found...

>	I've tried this manually... I formatted a double sided disk to
>800k in MacOS and tried modload'ing the LKM, but I just got the
>
>iwm: IWMBase mapped to <address> in VM
>modload: error initializing module: Input/output error

To see the difference, you have to make sure that the disk is inside the
drive when the IWM gets probed. Insert it when the booter loads the
kernel/before you load the LKM.

>	No VM knowledge, but if ROM dumps from my Q630 would help, I can
>try to get some together.

I may provide a tool that extracts ".Sony" from the ROM, but I'll try my
friend's P630 first. As mentioned, its .Sony code is virtually identical to
the Q700 ROM code I worked from, so there must be another problem.

	hauke