Subject: Re: X woes
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/11/1998 14:21:36
On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Colin Wood wrote:
> you might also try a different resolution if you can.  we've had some
> difficulties with DAFB video (which i believe your machine has) at and its
> interactions with X at certain resolutions and bit depths.  i believe
> these problems will be fixed in -current rather soon, but 1.3.x still
> exhibits weird behavior at times...

It seems to me (based on the behaviour of the 1.3.2 kernel I compilied
last week) that the Q650 (at least) still needs Steve Brown's madhatter
patch. The behaviour I got with 1.3.2 and 1.3 without the madhatter patch
in 16bit @ 823x624 was that the leftmost sixty-four pixels appeared on the
right side of the screen. Later today I'm going to build a 1.3.2 kernel
with the madhatter patch applied and see if that works correctly.

-Simon Raahauge DeSantis