Subject: hfsutils install help?
From: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/10/1998 23:58:08
I've tried to use the hfsutils without success...  First, I installed
Tcl/Tk (clean, not over an existing install) making sure I had version
7.6/4.2.  I confirmed this by running tclsh and wish, which execute just
fine from root or less-privileged users.  Then I installed the hfsutils
(from the CDROM Bob Nestor provided -- should be up to date, right?),
making sure permissions and links were maintained.

hfs, hfssh and all the others come back with an error that "library scripts
expect Tcl 7.5b1 or greater but the loaded version is only 7.4".  WTF?  7.6
is most certainly the only version on my file system.  I even made sure the
TCL_VERSION environment var was set properly and the TclConfig.sh points to
the right directories, but it makes no difference.  Tcl/Tk scripts I write
run perfectly, so I think they're installed correctly.

What painfully obvious trivia am I overlooking?  I never had this problem
on MkLinux... :-)

--
| Greg Dunn                       | don't open your eyes, you won't  |
| gregdunn@indy.net               | like what you see.  the blind    |